My Clientele and Philosophy
I am in the business of providing Investment Advisory services to individuals and client families since 2014.
Most of my clients would fall under Accredited Investors* category as defined by SEBI recently (Accreditation yet to be done).
* As per the definition provided by SEBI in the AIF and IA regulations, Accredited Investor means any person who is granted a certificate of accreditation by an accreditation agency who has:
- An annual income of at least Rs. 2 crores; or
- Net worth of at least Rs. 7.50 crores, out of which not less than Rs. 3.75 crores is in the form of financial assets; or
- An annual income of at least Rs. 1 crore and minimum net worth of Rs. 5 crores, out of which not less than Rs. 2.50 crores is in the form of financial assets.
My philosophy is to build on the strong foundation of honest and unbiased investment advice. For this reason, I am a fee-only advisor, not involved in product sales. The advice is professional, well researched, personalized, value driven, trustworthy and is always client focused.
Our clients are some of the most accomplished people. To do justice to our clients and provide top-notch advise, we aim to work with about 60 client families.
I aspire to be investment advisor for three categories of people:
- Friends, whom I have already known for long periods of time,
- Close acquaintances of above (1) and,
- Individuals, with whom we spend enough time to be able to assess an alignment of mindset and investing philosophy.
I charge a Assets under Advise (AUA) based fees only, up to 2.5% of AUA as prescribed by SEBI. GST extra as applicable.
Certifications and Professional Qualifications:
NISM Certification: NISM Series V-A: Mutual Fund Distributors Certification; NISM-Series-X-A: Investment Adviser (Level 1) Certification; and NISM-Series-X-B: Investment Adviser (Level 2) Certification.
Further, I am a Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA) from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI); Certified Financial PlannerCM (CPFCM); Registered Life Planner® (RLP®) from The Kinder Institute of Life Planning, USA; Certified Financial Transitionist® (CeFT®) from The Financial Transitionist Institute, USA; and a Commerce Graduate from Delhi University, India. In addition, I have post-qualification certifications from ICAI on Valuation, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Forex & Treasury Management.